International Conference DiPP2018
From 27/09/2018 to 29/09/2018In the framework of the Eighth International Conference on Digital Presentation and Preservation of Cultural and Scientific Heritage—DiPP2018, held on September 27–29, 2018 in Burgas, Bulgaria, EU-Track presented the paper “Students’ engagement through computational thinking and robotics”.
The event aimed at presenting innovative results, research projects and applications in the field of digitisation, documentation, archiving, representation and preservation of global and national tangible and intangible cultural and scientific heritage. The main focus is to provide open access to digitised cultural heritage and to set up sustainable policies for its continuous digital preservation and conservation.
The forum demonstrated innovative technologies and prototypes, including digital repositories, digital archives, virtual museums and digital libraries, which result from established practices and achievements in the field.
There were also:
Workshop on Open Access to Scientific Publications, Data and Data Science, which will primarily focus on the following activities:
- Open Access indicators;
- Disseminate partners’ best practices;
- Discuss research problems in the field;
- Discuss the possibilities of establishing a network of open-access repositories;
- Contribute to the problems of the harmonization of national legislation and practices; and
- Discuss the possibilities of developing training courses for creators and managers of scientific digital repositories to ensure interoperability.
For further information, please, visit the conference website: http://dipp2018.math.bas.bg/.